All RMZ Corp’s new-gen office developments are designed with a core consideration of Eco-sensitivity and natural resource optimisation. In this portfolio RMZ Ecoworld is IGBC gold certification, incorporating various considerations in the design approach for optimal energy footprint.
BUILDING ORIENTATION AND SHAPE
Buildings oriented to MINIMISE solar heat gain; Shaped to OPTIMISE daylighting to reduce power usage; Control of solar heat gain additionally achieved using:
- High-performance Glazing System and Plantation on roofs and terraces.
- Daylight design elements and architectural features like Trellises, Sun Shading Devices and Screens.
BUILDING CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS
- Harnessing regionally available material.
- Specifications based on life-cycle assessment.
Major use of Green Seal labelled materials as carpets, paints, wall coverings and adhesives to reduce potentially harmful organic compounds and gases.
- Extensive tree planting on the grounds to shade plaza areas and outdoor spaces.
- Vertical green walls and green roofs for extra thermal insulation to the external building envelope.
- Use of native or adapted trees and plants.
- Sustainable and Eco-friendly building - IGBC Certified Gold rated Green Building.
- Up to 18% more power-saving than Non-Green Buildings.
- Low carbon footprint requires less energy and exerts less pressure on natural resources.
- Waste Management Systems reduce waste outflow that improves air and water quality.
- Reduction of operating costs.
- Optimisation of life-cycle economic performance.
- Enhances human productivity.
- Encourages creation of large and small-scale green initiatives.
- Improves urban aesthetics of the neighbourhood.
- Introduces social aspiration models.
- Self-contained, hence minimises strain on local infrastructure.
- Generates local employment.
WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Inorganic Waste is Recovered, Segregated and Recycled using authorised recycling agencies.
- Organic Waste is recycled in-situ using Organic Waste Converter.
RAIN WATER HARVESTING & WATER RECYCLING
When it comes to water conservation, small steps can lead to a huge impact. RMZ Ecoworld has a rain water harvesting system designed to ensure conservation of water and 100% recycling. The rain water storage tanks and ground water recharge wells, at RMZ Ecoworld, help in reducing the load of the Municipal storm water network.
- Rain Water Harvesting System for 100% recycling of rain water.
- Rain Water Storage Tanks and Groundwater Recharge Wells to adds to the groundwater levels.
- Reduces the load on Municipal storm-water drain network.
- Recycled grey water for Flushing System, Irrigation and Cooling Tower – RMZ Ecoworld is a “Zero Discharge Unit”.
WIND FLOW STUDY
A detailed wind flow study allowed the orientation of the building to the natural direction of the cool breezes flowing over the surrounding lakes. This natural phenomenon was incorporated into the planning, and resulted in a significant reduction of energy requirement for artificial cooling.
THE SUN STUDY
The Sun Path study showed the hot and cool areas of the buildings, across the day, and was utilised to plan the usage and distribution of glazed panels – preferred on the North and South facades of the building.